Skip to main content

For the Purpose of Externship


‘God forbid! I can never be defiled by that Dinner’ I said. ‘I propose in my heart like Daniel not to eat that king’s meal.’ ‘You must eat the compulsory meal,’ a voice sharply responded from within. ‘No’ i said. ‘That day is special to me, it’s my day alone with God every month and I don’t eat till the next day. See, nothing can come between me and God.’  ‘Hmm’ the voice said. ‘You better postpone it except you don’t want to be called to the Nigerian Bar.’
‘My call is certain’ I countered. ‘You know, you are a dreamer,’ the voice replied. ‘But Joseph kind of dreams’ I interjected. I immediately woke up having been dragged back to the land of the living; by noise from our neighbor’s rickety generator. ‘What!’ I shouted. I’m late, 8:59am and court sits by 9’oclock. My phone, my alarm what happened, aah village people, they will not succeed.’ i said. ‘Which village people’, my mummy interrupted, while walking into my room. ‘When you will not sleep till 5am and you want to wake by 6am. You be spirit. I intentionally refused to wake you and took your phone before you become insane in my house, I heard some people use to run mad in Law school.’ She came to my bed, held my hands and said. ‘Son, I want a healthy son more than I want a first class.’ ‘Always make sure you obtain sufficient sleep, even if not adequate.’ ‘Okay Mum, thanks. I will obey.’ I got prepared and rushed out. Within 30 minutes I was in the High Court of Justice. Immediately, I sighted lady justice, I remembered that I did not brush my teeth and comb my hair. ‘Aah what is this?’ ‘Well I am already in court’ I entered bowed and sat down, the court was already sitting.

‘Witness I put it to you that you took the said pot of soup.’ Counsel cross examining a witness.  ‘I put it back to you lawyer’ the witness retorted. ‘It is also true that you told John that the aroma of mama Adaobi’s soup is too enticing in this recession to let go.’ The witness kept quite. ‘Witnesses comport yourself and answer the questions’ the judge said. ‘My lord actually since mama Adaobi packed into our neighborhood she has been terrorizing and harassing our nose with unwarranted and unsolicited aroma of her dishes.’ Everyone in the court started laughing, including the judge. ‘Order!’ the registrar shouted.


I was still laughing when I discovered the Judge was keenly looking at us, the Externs in his court. ‘You lawyers from Nigerian Law School.’ all of us stood up. He pointed to Ikpe. ‘What is that, you are putting on?’’ Ikpe, looking at himself.  ‘My lord, which one?’ My lord pointed at his shirt. ‘My lord it is shirt.’ ‘Yes, what colour ?.’ My lord asked. ‘It is white my lord’ Ikpe replied. ‘But I am seeing blue.’ ‘Yes, my lord, your sight is good, it has blue attachments.’ ‘If you start now to wear white with blue attachment to court, what will you wear when you start practicing.’ the judge said.  ‘I wonder, my lord I wonder.’ Ikpe answered. ‘Leave my court.’ The judge ordered.’ ‘You are certainly not fit and proper’ my lord added. ‘This judge, self’ Ikpe said in a very rough tone while he packed his books and left. ‘I have warned Ikpe to stop taking that thing early in the morning.' i said. ‘Yes, about taking something, I took something too. It has been disturbing me that I need to go somewhere to relief myself. If you notice, I have been sweating profusely here, thinking on how to leave the court. In fact I can’t hold it again.’ Futta said, ‘immediately he stood up, bowed and about to leave.The judge stopped him and asked. ‘What did you just do?’ ‘My lord I bowed’ Futta replied ‘like seriously?’ You are expected to bend at your waist, not neck-bowing.’ Looking at Futta’s face, I knew he was begging to be released, how i wish the judge will free him. But the next thing I heard from the judge, brought me back from the world of imagination. ‘My friend, how can you put on a suit without socks? ‘You have to stand there till this court rise.’ 

FRANCIS

Comments

  1. Please what's the authenticity of this story, the latter end seems distorted.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About CLASFON

Print By 1984 as the structures evolved, Dr. Wole Olufon became the first President and served for six years while Dr. Ogunyomi was the first General Secretary. Dr. C. Mbadinuju took over from Dr. Olufon but did not finish his term in office. Alabo C.F.L. Membere followed as President after Dr. Mbadinuju and handed over to Hon. Peter N. Jiya. Prof. Bankole Sodipo took over from Hon. Jiya. While Hon. Jonathan Kish Adamu took over from Prof Sodipo and handed over to Chukwuma Augustin Justin Chinwo Esq. who at the end of his tenure handed over to Pastor Sunday Abayomi Akanni. Pastor Akanni handed over to the current president Mr. Alozie Chinke Echeonwu. STRUCTURE OF THE FELLOWSHIP CLASFON shall be organized under the following structural arrangements.: The National Executive. 6 Regional coordinators who shall be appointed in the line of the six regions of Nigeria. Branches. Chapters. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF CLASFON The aims and objectives of CLASFON includes:

For the purpose of Externship 2

ABIA IGWE CHIKA 09035922427 SUPERVISORS ABIA IGWE MARTINS IKENNA 07031982351 ABIA IKENNA ONYEIKE 8173843424 ABIA N.D UGOCHUKWU 08064956805 ABIA NELSON PURITY  7065532796 ABIA OKORONKWO 08034115673 ABIA OKORONKWO CHINYERE M 07035675558 ABIA/ ABUJA -     MICHEAL ABIA UCHECHI 8063014386 ABUJA AGBASI GODSWILL 08065048703 ABUJA ALABI RAZAQ 8034242260 ABUJA AMAKA LAUREN 7064912954 ABUJA ANITA OKAFOR 8094420663 ABUJA AWKADIGWE CHIAGOZIE 07061202963 ABUJA CHUKWUEMEKA EHU 08067577290 ABUJA DAVID GLORIA 8185038468 ABUJA EBUKA MMANI 07065597782 ABUJA EGBODO CATHERINE 08165261762 ABUJA IDEM ENOBONGE 07034892161

Lets Save the Future

          I have been persuaded for some time now, to write on this. I strongly believe someone out there needs to hear this. One thing about being successful in warfare is adopting the right strategy; that a strategy brought success yesterday is not a guarantee that it will bring success today. Modifications are necessary to meet contemporary challenges. It is no longer news, that there is a serious battle, going on between light and darkness. Though we wrestle not against flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12), our authority in Christ suffices to give us victory. Unfortunately the church is distracted: worldliness has crept in; and young people are the worst hit.